Civil Litigation has a long reach across many areas of practice, including any dispute that involves a court or other tribunal. Members of our firm are experienced in many areas of advocacy at all levels of Court in Alberta.
We represent clients in cases involving but not limited to:
- Debt collection and creditors’ rights
- Corporate disputes, including shareholder and partnership disputes
- Commercial disputes such as breach of contract, enforcement of security, and construction law
- Real Property disputes, such as failed sale transactions, leases, builders’ liens, and expropriations
- Employment Law, including wrongful dismissal and non-competition/non-solicitation contracts
- Landlord and Tenant matters including applications for possession, landlord’s distress, breaches of lease contracts, and damage claims
- Estate Litigation and dependents’ applications
In addition to representing clients in traditional litigation proceedings, we also assist clients in mediation, arbitration, and other methods of dispute resolution. We will discuss opportunities to engage in appropriate alternative processes at appropriate times during the course of our retainer and together we will make the decisions that best meet your needs.