29 January 2013
Johnston Ming Manning LLP is proud to be the organizer of Law Day 2013, on behalf of the Central Alberta Bar Association.
Law Day is a national celebration and commemoration of our nation’s adoption of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The Canadian Bar Association and its provincial branches continue to use Law Day to increase public awareness, knowledge and understanding of our laws and legal system. Law Day promotes access to justice and highlights the lawyers and legal resources that serve our community.
Join us on Saturday April 13, 2013 from 9:30am to 3:00pm at the Court House in Red Deer to celebrate Canada’s legal system and the organizations that provide legal assistance and information in our community. This is a family-friendly, free event, with activities, displays and tours for all ages. Highlights include:
- presentations from the Alberta Corrections Drug Detection Team (and their dog, Chazz);
- the fun trial of “Buccaneer Bill” on charges of piracy;
- art activities;
- gathering clues to solve “The Mystery of the Missing Library Book”;
- tours of the Court House, including holding cells and library, which are not normally open to the public;
- “Ask A Lawyer” allows you time for a one-on-one discussion with a lawyer regarding issues that concern you.
Law Day 2013 will be a busy, entertaining and informative event. Brochures are available at the Court House, local law firms, Legal Aid and Community Legal Clinic. Call (403)340-5499 for more information.
Participating groups this year include: Native Counselling, Central Alberta Women’s Outreach Society, Alberta Animal & Municipal Enforcement Services, Community Legal Clinic, Red Deer College Legal Assistant Program, Legal Aid, Red Deer City Victim Services Unit, Citizens on Patrol, Neighborhood Watch, City of Red Deer Compliance Officers and Peace Officers, Alberta Human Rights Commission, Red Deer Royals Show Band, Red Deer Public Library and Red Deer Museum & Art Gallery.